Live Porlock Bay Oysters - Pacific Oysters from the South West!
Free shucking knife with your first order.
Grown in the cold, clean waters of Porlock Bay and tumbled by strong currents and two tidal surges daily to make a truly delightful oyster.
With an elongated, fluted shell, Porlock Bay Oysters are highly coveted for their clean sea taste. Tip it back and taste the bay: with a brine balanced by an amazing clarity of flavour, without the slighted aftertaste, a dash of honeydew melon, and a silky finish.
Please select the free delivery option if you live within 5 miles of the BS1 postcode.
Please select the £5 delivery option if you are within 20 miles of the BS1 postcode.
Apologies, but we are not currently delivering outside of a 20 mile radius of Bristol.
Live Porlock Bay Oysters - Delivery 14/05/2021
Live Pacific Oysters: Porlock Bay oysters
- Always keep the oysters stored with the curved (convex) side downwards. This helps to retain the fluid in the shell and keep them alive.
- Store the oysters in a deep bowl (to prevent leaks) and away from other open foods. Do not store below raw meat or fish.
- Keep them cool (ideally between 4 and 8 degrees Celsius). Do not re-immerse oysters in water. They will have been properly purified at the depuration centre and any further immersion risks re-contaminating them.
- Wash (and dry) your hands thoroughly using warm soapy water, before handling and opening the oysters.
- Ensure the oysters are tightly shut. If they are already open they are not alive and shouldn't be eaten.
- Ensure that the knives and other equipment (including gloves if you wear them) used for opening the oysters are all clean before you start.
- Check that the outside shells of the oysters are clean and avoid pushing any mud or bits of shell into the oyster as you open it.