Please note - This product does not come with an oyster knife, which you will need to open the oysters. Oyster knives sold separately.
Live Porlock Bay Oysters - Pacific Oysters from the South West!
Grown in the cold, clean waters of Porlock Bay and tumbled by strong currents and two tidal surges daily to make a truly delightful oyster.
With an elongated, fluted shell, Porlock Bay Oysters are highly coveted for their clean sea taste. Tip it back and taste the bay: with a brine balanced by an amazing clarity of flavour, without the slighted aftertaste, a dash of honeydew melon, and a silky finish.
The oysters arrive with us fresh from the oyster farm, just in time for our deliveries. They should stay fresh for 5 days if stored in the fridge with the flat-side facing up.
Please select the free delivery option if you live within 5 miles of the BS1 postcode.
Please select the £5 delivery option if you are between 5-10 miles of the BS1 postcode (subject to minimum order value of £19.95)
Apologies, but we are not currently delivering outside of a 10 mile radius of Bristol.
Live Porlock Bay Oysters - Delivery 08/07/2022
Live Pacific Oysters: Porlock Bay oysters
- Always keep the oysters stored with the curved (convex) side downwards. This helps to retain the fluid in the shell and keep them alive.
- Store the oysters in a deep bowl (to prevent leaks) and away from other open foods. Do not store below raw meat or fish.
- Keep them cool (ideally between 4 and 8 degrees Celsius). Do not re-immerse oysters in water. They will have been properly purified at the depuration centre and any further immersion risks re-contaminating them.
- Wash (and dry) your hands thoroughly using warm soapy water, before handling and opening the oysters.
- Ensure the oysters are tightly shut. If they are already open they are not alive and shouldn't be eaten.
- Ensure that the knives and other equipment (including gloves if you wear them) used for opening the oysters are all clean before you start.
- Check that the outside shells of the oysters are clean and avoid pushing any mud or bits of shell into the oyster as you open it.